Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Geylang Bahru Aunty

Just back from hospital.

She's still laying there. frailed, weak. weaken. and unconscious.

never cried so much in my life in a day.

my closest aunty. from young.

i prayed. but dun know what i prayed and wanted.

she's worried and not letting go just yet as i typed this.

i dun know. what to feel or what i wanted for her.

Lord, i prayed to u again. no asking why this time. its part of life yea?

but stop the torment and pain. every breath whe take, a grunt of pain.

her frail body just heaving with every effort. so too many false alarms.too much pain.

i din know i felt that close to her. how i could just break down.

just all these got tears welling up my eyes again.

aunt. forever i'll call u geylang bahru ah-ee. from those years u stayed there. and ever.

it changed my view of hospitals.

it changed my views on old age.

Lord take care of my cousins nephews and uncle. Please.

its so taxing. and they have been there re-assuring her...its ok to go....

no more reponses when i left left the hospital. aunt. i wish u safe passage.

ah-ee....pang sim. pang sim.

0 comments: